From: <andy.d.marshall@btinternet.com>
To: <apisto@listbox.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 6:49 AM
Subject: pH, temp and sex ratios

> Hello All,
>
> I have a trio of A.Nijessni and currently have a batch of fry that are
about 12 weeks old and still with the parents. Throughout these 12 weeks the
water conditions have aways been temp 78F and pH between 5.5 & 6, which I've
monitored after researching, in the attempt to get as equal a sex ratio as
possible. Now the question, one of the females has eggs again, so I was
going to try and take the (12 week) fry out and raise them up in a different
tank before selling them on. My tank conditions are far different to the lfs
(pH 7 - 7.5) so was wondering after how long the sex of the fry are fixed,
so I can adjust their conditions accordingly over time.