Re: blue ram sudden fry death now PH crash myth

Scott you are 100% correct. Fish people use the excuse
of pH way too much. In my experience it is the level
of metabolic waste that accumulates in older water
that is "shock" to fish. When we move fish from say
old high metabolic waste water ( high DOC's ) to clean
fresh low metabolic waste water ( low DOC's) thtas
when we see the so called shock. Look in the archives
from some of my recent posts on the subject I have
shared a wealth of my knowledge on this matter. I have
learned as you have begun to see that clean water is a
key componant in fish breeding. Bacteria levels,
organic waste etc all are very harmfull to fish eggs
and fry. Think of it as a nursery and you wouldnt
leave a baby in dirty diapers you get diaper rash and
other health problems do to the unclean conditions. To
fish this effect is that much more pronounced because
they cannot leave their environment they live in
water.

Dave