Apisto Sp Maulbruter

Hey there everyone

Well tonight i finally gave in and decided that my Sp Maulbruter really
needed some room if i wanted them to spawn for me.

I cleared some fish out of a 55 gallon tank, added some more Sword
plants... a few bunches of Hygrophila and several more clay flower
pots..... then did a big water change and added the trio i have to the
large tank.    Hopefully this will give them the space that i think they
needed..... females have been colored up for quite some time but i have
never seen any eggs , spawning activity or fry.    I did leave a pair of
thick lip gouramis in the tank.   They hide alot and stay up in the
floating plants. If i ever see any spawning activity, i'll pull them out
of the tank.

Now , i have a question.....  Has anyone actually spawned these guys
yet??  I got mine as wild caught fish from Julio earlier this year.  You
gotta see these guys now.... The male is awesome looking..... Think of a
fish with a Norberti type body with Cacatuoides dorsal fins.
High pointed dorsal and nice lyre tail.... The females are what really
strikes me funny.... they've got the markings on the belly region like a
Panduro but body markings like a Resticulosa with a big dot in the
middle of the body like an Aggie female would have....   Well anyways
I'm hoping that the large space gives them the urge to spawn...   They
are by far my favorite apisto yet!!

Sorry for the ramblings....

John