Re: Apisto Sp Maulbruter

Hi John,

I've had my pair spawn three times for me over a 6
month time frame.  I have yet to have any eggs hatch.
I've been told that after they hatch the female takes
them into her mouth.  Then I have also heard that they
act like normal apisto's.  I have seen them guarding
the eggs but I do not know if they are eating the eggs
or eating the wigglers.  It seems to always happen
while I am at work of course.

I have mine in only a ten gallon tank by themselves.
I also want to move them to at least a 20 long in the
near future.  I use straight RO water with them.  Last
time I check the water parameters were between 20-30
PPM according to my Hanna pen and the PH was in the
4.5 range.  I keep the temp at 79F.  They have clay
flower pots and java moss in the tank.

For some reason they are just being stubborn lately.
They haven't spawn for a good two months now.  by the
way, they get fed BBS and live black worm with some
frozen blood worms now and then.

If someone knows the trick to having them actually
raise their fry I would appreciate the help.

Tim

PS.  John, I already had to shovel snow this year in
Minnesota.  But lately it's been in the 50's.  Not bad
for November.