increasing pH

Hi apisotholics !
while i've spend my time back in my city in France finding solutions to
decrease the pH of the water in my tank, i never was confronted to the
opposite: rising it!
My tap water here is at pH5 (here at Corvallis, OR) and so is my tank water
pH or lower. Now, due to problem with sex-ratio with some fish fry i would
like to increase that pH from 5 to 6.
Do you have any suggestions?
I thaught at first that adding some calcareous stones or shell or rift lake
salt would do the trick by increasing the hardness of my water but than the
eggs would have problem to hatch.
what is a simple way?
thanks all for your input.
A bientot

 Yvan Alleau
712 N.W Kings Blvd
Corvallis, OR 97330
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
office (Burt 222) # 737-3649, to be used wisely!

PLEASE NOTE NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:
yalleau@coas.oregonstate.edu

"When you're far from everything, you're getting closer to the essential"