From: "Colin Gorton" <mr_apisto@graffiti.net>
To: <apisto@listbox.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 8:55 AM
Subject: Another slightly off topic (Dwarf Pikes)?

> I don't know whether Dwarf Pikes are an acceptable subject on this list,
but here goes...
> While on the same trip as I mentioned earlier I managed to get hold of
some C. Notophthalmus, very nice but a bit timid as yet, I think I need more
dithers. They're also pretty finicky eaters and are only really happy when
they get Guppies for supper;-). Unfortunately my population of young guppies
is rapidly dwindling (at about the same rate as the girth of the
Notophthalmus is increasing), so I've had to suplement with frozen food (I
know there was some doubt about the healthiness of my frozen food but I
reckon my probs came from elsewhere). I've reserved a few of my guppies so
that I can hopefully get a pretty consistent breeding rate going, the older
ones make great dithers too (so long as they're big enough to avoid being
eaten!)
> Pete L. suggested that I get in touch with the South American Cichlids
list for these and other Pike Cichlids, does anybody have a link to this
list?