Re: Another slightly off topic (Dwarf Pikes)?

mr_apisto@graffiti.net writes:

>  While on the same trip as I mentioned earlier I managed to get hold of
some
> C. Notophthalmus, very nice but a bit timid as yet, I think I need more
> dithers. They're also pretty finicky eaters and are only really happy when
> they get Guppies for supper;-).

I purchased a pair of C. notopthalmus (probably from the same place as you
got yours if you know Pete) and found them a bit timid to start too. I solved
the problem by having a VERY densly planted tank with lots of bogwood and
some Dwarf pencils as dithers.

Well you can guess what happened - no more Pencilfish (even though they were
more than half the length of the pikes).  I've put some Hypessobrycon
robertsii with them now and they are fine.  The pikes display to each other
and to me when I approach the tanks and are far from timid.

As far as food is concerned they take frozen bloodworm, omega 3 brineshrimp,
grindal worm and white worms.  when the ground defrosts I will be trying
earthworm too.

Alan W