Re: N Taenia egg eating!

"This isn't true.  CO2 level and KH (Carbonate
> Contents) are independent of
> each other, but ratio of the two together help
> determine pH of the
> water."

Actualy your mistaken about that Eric. KH and pH both
determine the level of CO2 in a body of water. This
comes from a basic understanding of the pH equation. I
have a table showing the relationship between KH, pH
and CO2 from one of my college biology courses i will
scan a copy and post it later when I get home from
work. What we need to understand is that carbonic acid
uses CO2 and this in turn shifts the pH equation to
the acidic side. carbonic acid and carbonates seee saw
back forth in the pH equation. Thus when there is more
available CO2 we have the capabilty for a more acidic
pH when we have a low KH. The gist of the table goes
like this. 0 KH and pH 5.5 lots of CO2, 0 KH  pH 6.3
less available CO2. 0 KH  pH 7.0 even less CO2, and so
on I will post a copy of this table later on for all
to see. This is a scientific premise Eric. I do
repspect your opinion and hope this does not start a
"flame "war as that is not my intention. However I do
suggest you look this up in a more scientific nature.
Perhaps some chemistry websites or your local library
so that you can see for yourself.

David Sanchez