Re: N Taenia egg eating!

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, David Sanchez wrote:

> Why are yoiu using a CO2 system if you have water with
> oKH to begin with Colin? The lower the KH the higer
> the CO2 level.

This isn't true.  CO2 level and KH (Carbonate Contents) are independent of
each other, but ratio of the two together help determine pH of the
water.

With 0 KH, CO2 injection will not be as stable as with a few degrees --
without a small bit of the conjugate buffer, the pH will fluctuate in
response to very minute changes in CO2.  I think this is what Colin is
saying below:

> --- Colin Gorton <mr_apisto@graffiti.net> wrote:
> > I don't want to use pure RO as I'm adding CO2 and
> > want to be able to maintain a constant pH, which
> > I've found to be easier with a small amount of
> > hardness.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson