Re: extra male Aggie Alenquers

	I did notice a little difference in the blues. Thought it might be
something to do with the photograph more than the fish. I've also heard
stories of collectors naming fish for a collection site where they were
never collected from to protect their fishing holes from competitors, thus
I just wanted to make sure.
	Now, how can I get a larger female ratio? Lower temp or Higher temp? I
have read temps can decide the sexes in apistos and pH in west africans. My
WA's I can get a good ratio, my apistos are always skewed,

Thanks,
Ken

At 10:41 AM 2/13/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Ken,
>
>Alenquer & Iquitos Blue are at least different populations. Whether or not
they are
>the same species - or even A. agassizii - is up for question, too.  Both
'forms' show
>minor differences from the holotype of A. agassizii. That's why I say they
might not
>even be A. agassizii. Undoubtedly they are closely related although not
found close
>together. Let's face it Iquitos, Peru is a couple of thousand miles up the
Amazon from