Re: One more ? about my aggies

Tony,

I'd try Jerry's method. I don't think water with a 4º dKH will be too hard to
adjust with a pH buffer. It might be cheaper to get some sphagnum peat and use
it to drop the pH. It should drop the overall hardness and add chemicals that
tend to stimulate apisto spawning for some reason, too. I use several 20 gallon
plastic tubs. Each has a 10 gallon air driven UGF covered with 2-3 inches of
peat. I add dechlorinated tap water to the tubs and let them cycle until I need
the water. My pH drops well below 6, but my KH from the tap is almost 0.

Mike Wise