Re: neon agassizi? &weird wild cacs

Rich,

I've never seen a neon agassizii before, but wouldn't be surprised if someone
has developed some, either by crossing various forms or chemically enhancing
them. On the other hand I once had some wild cockatoos that tended to be more
slender than the normal cockatoo, and they had small irregular black blotches
on their bodies. These weren't the typical 'black spot' parasites, but looked
more like skin cancer, which it didn't seem to actually be. Both sexes had
these blotches. These were a blue/yellow color form similar to the fish
pictured in SAC II p. 26 top left, only not as much red spotting on the
caudal fin. This might be the cockatoo that comes from the Rio Putumayo.

Mike Wise