Re: Agassizii breeding assistance needed

Very inetresting Mike I actually breed many of my
apistos like you mentioned Fontaine did. I put a
female in a 5 gallon with a little java moss and a
micro thin layer of sand. I place a single PVC cave or
flower pot for use as a breeding tank. I fatten my
females up and when they are ready I simply throw in a
male for a night. The next morning I remove the male
and I just raise the fmelae with the young easier that
way. i would not reccomend it for all species and as
you said you have to keep an eye on things. I know
what species this works with and it works great for
me. I have found there is no pair bonding in Apistos
just two fish that are ready to get in on sort to
speak. If we put a well conditioned female with a good
male for many of the more robust species this works
fine. I know many of you will shutter to hear this but
thats how I do many species. It just makes my work
easier.

Dave sanchez