Re: Check these pics out, they're incredible!!

A number of Japanese wholesalers and fish store owners go to
Amazon to collect/buy their fish.  There are fish collecting
tours offered for hobbyists, too.  Apistos are popular over
there (although the general aquarists' interest is shifting
toward hybrid Alowana in gorgeous colors lately.)  Even in
the middle of the economic slump they are in, apistos
command very high prices (some of them well over 100 dollars
a pair.)  When the Japanese so-called bubble economy was
going really strong, discus was the king.  I heard the
discus priced in not only 4 digit but 5 digit dollar figure
at one time.  I wonder where they put these fish in their
rabbit hatch size houses.  Just amazing.

Tomoko