Re: Evolution in a microcosm

I never said we were creating a new species. I was just ussing species as a generic term. What I should have put is the single species we are working with wether with in our own line of fish or using crosses from other peoples lines of the same species. sorry if there was a mis understanding. Regardless of what you believe if you raise animals or plants and try to better the species you are playing evolving the organism even if we are not returning them to the wild to mix with there brethen. Maybe there is some fanatical fish breeder down in SA who is genetically engineering new species and releasing them to the wild so us fish nuts can have fun discussions.

Greg