Re: White Seam Apistos (and a tiny bit of Evolution...)

Pete,

The White-seam Apisto is probably the same as A. sp. Minima (see: Zenner, L.
1997. Ein Zwerg unter Zwergen: apistogramma sp. ?minima". Aqualog News 16: 3).
This is one of those unusual apistos like A. sp. Balzfleck/Courting-spot in
which the males are smaller than the females. Both sexes stay under 4 cm (1½").
Not much has really been reported on them that isn't in Uwe's Atlas.

Mike Wise