Re: mineral uptake

Keny,

Freshwater fish don't drink water & even squeeze as much moisture out of their food as they can before swallowing. Another tactic to reduce intake of water. Obviously some gets through, but very little. That's why the have super efficient kidneys. Actually most absorption of outside chemicals (medicines & minerals) is through the gills.

Mike Wise