Re: Peat vs. Sphagnum moss??/ Trying Some new Apistos

In a message dated 3/15/2002 11:58:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, apistowise@fgn.net writes:

Sphagnum
peat is peat made from sphagnum moss. This is the one we apistophiles &
killinuts covet. Sorry, just feeling nit picky ;-)

Not being picky I think. I'd rather know what is the best to use. So it's sphagnum peat then. A new adventure for me.

  I'm finally going to give D. Filamentosa and A. Panduro a try.
I've been avoiding the D. Filamentosa because I'd like to see if I can get it to have a natural "child birth." I've heard it's hard to get the female to take care of the eggs/fry without eating them. My pair will be wild so I'm thinking chances should be better.

  As for Panduro well, still researching. I really got to stop buying so many fish and buy some more books. At least I have the list and the Internet but, the books are helpful....just thinking out loud I guess...I do that once in a while...think that is.<G>
                                                                JerryB