Re: Peat vs. Sphagnum moss??/ Trying Some new Apistos now D.filamentosus

Good questions Jerry. There are many Roads to Rome and
all work. As of late I have not been using peat but
rathyer Oak leaves! I am using an old Kitty litter
bucket and I have made it into a giant box filter
filled with Oak leaves. I place this in my barrels and
in 2 days my water is perfect for black water species.
I also keep a barrel outside filled with rainwater and
filled with Oak leaves and some peat That I us for
breeding Tetras and other sensitive species. I just
let the water sit. I have some bvarrels that have sat
fopr as long as a year or so. This water is
outstanding for breeding. Jerry in a year or two your
gonna be writting books or something man! your really
gong ho about Apistos. It's a pleasure to see your
enthusiasum.

Dave Sanchez