Boy, does this day suck

I had planned all week to transfer what was left of my first Blue Ram spawn (23 fish, 5 wks old) to a larger tank.  These were the ones fortunate enough to survive a heater malfunction.  The larger tank had been cycled, cleaned and the water parameters almost identical.

I put my net in the tank and it appeared that I scared them to death.  More than half started darting around the tank, twitching and going belly up.  I quickly caught them and transfered them to their larger tank.  Some revived in the new tank, but 6 did not.  Since then, I've lost another 8 which accounts for all the fish that behaved strangely.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Can I start this day over?

Dave