Reconstituting RO/DI Water

Greetings all.  List discussions have often included the use of RO/DI water
for just all about the ailments of our apistos guests.  A recent addition,
my RO/DI produces TDS 003 and pH 8 (starts at 9.2 and stabilizes at 8).
I've continued my older practice of adding a teaspoon NaCl to 5 gallons
which seemed to give the best results given my tap water.  However...

I would like to ask the list about -
How do people reconstitute their RO/DI water for apisto's?  I would offer
two categories of tanks - breeding tanks and planted community tanks (if
people agree that that makes a difference).

Thanks!
J Sullivan