Re: ..?s on a few apistos

This is only my opinion, but your list doesn't have any 'easy' apistos on it.
Probably the least difficult to keep & reproduce on the list are A. mendezi &
A. bitaeniata, but neither are anywhere near 'easy'. The rest range from
'difficult' to 'extremely difficult' due to the need for exacting water
requirements, breeding behavior, and sensitivity to even minor pollutants in
their tank. Now if you are willing to take the time, effort, & expense to
simulate each species' natural environments there shouldn't be any problem
breeding any of these fish. I can't think of any apisto species that has been
imported in reasonable quantities that hasn't be reproduced in captivity. As a
general rule, the more expensive the species, the more difficult it is to
reproduce.

Mike Wise