From: BigJohnW@webtv.net (John Wubbolt)
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: a stupid question (tagert vs. dither)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:28:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Bill

Only reason i didnt mention killies as a dither fish , is that i've said
many times in the past that i regularly use killies in with my
apistos... I presently have chocolate australes breeding in the same
tank as my Sp Mamore Red pair.   I also use Epiplatys Dageti in my
cacatuoides tank, also have red/orange australes in with my Borellis.
I actually prefer NOT to use any dither fish nowadays.... I find that
any fish in the tank with my apistos distracts the fish from spawning...
not the reverse desired effect of creating a stronger "pair bond" and
making them better parents....Only reason i have some killies in with my
apistos now is tank space reasons.   When i really want the apistos to
spawn.... i remove the killies.

John

------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. apisto-digest@listbox.com also available. Web archives at http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto

Visit "The Digital Aquarium" and L&M Tropicals at: http://clix.to/Apisto