Introducing fish; was: unknown fish

Archie,

It all really depends on the species you choose. Personally I would put in the
less polygamous species first and the more polygamous ones last. Polygamous
species (like macmasteri-group species) & the more robust monogamous forms
(nijsseni-group species) have a tendency to take over the bottom of a tank
first & keep newly introduced fish at bay. If the fish are all equal in size, I
imagine you could put them all in at the same time & let them set up
territories.

I doubt that you will need dither fish. The other apistos will make good target
fish for each other. I see no purpose for keeping any fish in a breeder tank
other than the breeders - especially one that is 2 - 3 times larger than the
apistos and armored like a tank. If you sare not particularly interested in
getting large quantities of fry, then other fish make it a more interesting
aquarium.

Mike Wise