Re: Apistogramma moae

Didn't say anything bad, just said they weren't the flashiest. If you had to
choose one 'pisto, would it be cf. eunotus?

I ruled out the linkei based on several physical characteristics. Aside from
the differences in darker markings between the two, the fish originally I
had had a reddish spot at the base of the caudal, a more elongate yellow
caudal fin, vertical lines in the ventral fin, a different head structure (
I don't know what to call it),no orange in the chest, yellow tipped
ventrals, etc, etc. The female linkei also looks a good deal different.

This stuff is too complicated. Don't try, it's for the taxonomists and
people with too much time on their hands. Just watch them breed and be
happy.

Zack