Re: Opinions

Mike,

Julio got this fish from Marco Lacerda (Trop Rio). I have this fish right now,
with a small brood. It is never as blue as the picture shows, but is still a
pretty little fish. Marco listed it as A. sp. Araguaia Red-face because of the
red patches on the face and that the fish is found throughout much of the Rio
Araguaia system of eastern Brazil (a tributary of the Rio Tocantins). The form
I have has more red in the face. Marco sold it as A. sp. Crixas, but it is just
a colorful form of A. sp. Araguaia. It is actually a member of the
caetei-complex, which are relatively easy to get to breed.

Mike Wise