New apistogramma questions

Ade Lau wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>         I need some info on the following apisto
> uauapesi Sao Gabriel

This is the same fish as A. sp. Cleaner/Putzer, a fish that actually works on
fish like some of the marine cleaner fish & shrimps.

> uauapesi urubaxi

It is a southern population of A. uaupesi out of the Rio Urubaxi. It shouldn't
have the red wedge in the tail like the real Rotkeil.

> gibbiceps Rio Negro

Just your regular A. gibbiceps.

> pulchra red

Its a new fish. In Japan it is called A. cf. pulchra (Uatama), or A. sp. Deep or
Dark Red. It probably is a reddish color form of A. cf. pulchra (Branco). I've
only seen photos, but one has a red fish that rivals Nanochromis dimidiatus of
the 1960s. Hope this helps.

Mike Wise