Re: dropsy?

Archie,

I think most long term list members know my opinion of using any live food that
lives & feeds in septic conditions. There are so many other foods out there
that work just as well. Baby earthworms, white worms, & Grindal worms work just
as well, but probably require a little more work in producing them. The nice
thing about these is that they reproduce relatively easily, so you don't have
to keep buying them, just their food. I hope you aren't feeding worms as a
primary part of their diet. They are too fatty. This causes liver problems in
fish.

Toxins can come from many sources. Like I said, my first action would be to
change massive amounts of water (25-50% every day for 4-5 days) and see if the
fish respond. If there is no change after this, then it looks like you have a
biological pathogen at work.

Mike Wise