Re: nijsseni complex

Michael,

I see relations between Maulbrüter, A. arua (& another arua-like sp. from the
upper Trombetas), A. sp. Inca, and A. atahualpa. Koslowski places Maulbrüter & A.
arua in the brevis-group. A. sp. Inca (highfin "Nijsseni") is in the
nijsseni-group, and A. atahualpa in an assemblage related to the nijsseni- &
cacatuoides-groups. In my opinion there seems to be a complex 3-way 'bridging'
between the brevis-, nijsseni- & cacatuoides-groups centered around these species.

Mike Wise