Re: nijsseni complex

Lilian,

According to Koslowski's new book, the nijsseni-group includes:
A. nijsseni
A. panduro
A. sp. Lyretail ("Panduro")
See: http://www.geocities.com/rainforest/jungle/4327/mikeroom.html for a video
of this fish
A. sp. Inka/Inca (the new high fin Nijsseni") See:
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~amazon-b/apist1/apist1.htm (top photos of male &
female)

A. sp. Mortenthaler is a trade name for A. sp. Lyretail.
A. sp. Inka/Inca is the most recent addition. I am told that there is an
excellent article on this species in the July, 2002 issue of DATZ.

Several other fish are related to the nijsseni-group:
A. norberti
A. payaminonis
A. cf. payaminonis
A. atahualpa
A. cf. atahualpa

I know of now photos on the web of A. cf. payaminonis or A. cf. atahualpa,
although both are pictured in Koslowski's new book (Die Buntbarsche Amerikas,
Band 2).

Mike Wise