Re: Digital Cameras

Hi Colin,
IMHO, the lens on that camera is too slow for macro
work. It's only F2.8 - F4.8.  For apisto macro work or
other small fish you would want something with
apetures that have a range from F8 to F22 to give you
greater 'depth of field'.  This camera has image
quality problems like the images being to soft, image
edge softness and blown out highlights.  However, most
prosumers who use it for everyday point and shoot
stuff love it.

Think about what your main uses will be for the
equipment you spend your money on and then decide.
Will you now exclusively shoot apistos or will it be
for everyday uses? Personally, I would choose one that
would satisfy all my needs.

Before this topic gets too photographic for the
admin's taste, you are welcome to e-mail me off list.

Francine