From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Gustavo E. Medrano
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 9:59 AM
To: theoutlaw_torn@hotmail.com; apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: trout chow& beefheart

Hi, I only hav an experience with beef heart, chopped and frozen.
It is very good for big  cichlids like Nimbochromis, Blue acara and green
terror.
Sometimes I mix beef heart with oat meal to add some fiber to his diet.
Until now I have no sterile fish. Try and tell me how it works for you...

Regards

Gustavo E. Medrano
Argencard S.A.
Peru 143 -2° piso (1067) Cap.Fed.
Tel: (54-1) 4340-9800 int. 4927
e-mail: gemedrano@argencard.com.ar

I read about fat problem in Oscar feed with DOG FOOD, but never in fishes feed with beef heart or good quality flake feed.
The only thing you must take care is clean ALL visible fat before use beef heart.
Good luck

Gustavo E. Medrano
Argencard S.A.
Peru 143 -2° piso (1067) Cap.Fed.
Tel: (54-1) 4340-9800 int. 4927
e-mail: gemedrano@argencard.com.ar

>>> timellis@ev1.net 07/24 12:27  >>>
I am currently using "Game Fish Chow: as a supplement to feeding my angels
and discus and apistos. The apistos seem a little more particular and don't
show the feeding frenzy I get with the other fish. It is really cheap, but
can also be pretty messy. It breaks up into a fine dust if not consumed
quickly. I only use it on bare bottom tanks now. If I remember right it does
not have any more protien or fat than regular dry food. I don't understand
the getting fat comment. I have yet to see any fish become fat from eating
dry prepared food. Live food like white worms, yeah I can see that. But Dry?
Someone enlighten me on the fat issue please.

Tim