Re: ACA and fry

In a message dated 7/24/2002 11:45:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tomokoschum@knology.net writes:

Here is a question for those who can breed just about any
apistos in their medium hard tap water.  I know there is a
number of you out there.  How do you coax them to spawn?
Massive water changes every day?  Selecting fish born and
raised in a similar water condition?

Tomoko

  Well, sometimes I have to resort to prayer and that always works. God sometimes tells me No though.<G>
  Actually if you look at a water change, as how you feel after taking a shower after a hot gritty day. And you look at Black Worms as that "Purple Pill" they sell to older humans. Well, that's about how I'd describe it. Although I'm not into massive water changes everyday. I have done water changes everyday 25 to 30% but, I do use RO too.
  Sometimes just changing the tank that they are in. Sometimes when all else fails I say the heck with these fish and they all get thrown in the spare parts tank. That tank gets less attention then the others and guess what I've had N. Transvestitus spawn well over 200 TDS in that tank. They had no business doing it in that kind of water. Go figure.<G>
                                                           JerryB