Re:Difficult females

Hi Jerry,

>What kind of live food are they guarding?

Some of my females guard daphnia and grindal worms.
When I feed my new apistos with larger daphnia like D.
magna for the first time, both male and female start
cleaning daphnia in their mouth just like they do
babies.  It's really funny to watch.  But once a female
gets into this mode of guarding food and chasing her
partner away, it is not easy to coax her out of it.

As for my aggie, the lyretail male is her second
victim.  After the painful initiation of tail biting I
can't blame my male aggie for avoiding his feisty
partner.  I just replaced 25% of their tank water with
DI water tonight.  We'll see if this makes any
difference.

Tomoko