Re: I bred A. cacatuoides!

Alfredo,

Your 80 L tank is fine the way it is now. If your
tank has a bottom area 60x30 cm or greater, I
would add only another female and allow nature to
work. Just remember that your tank will become too
small to raise a regular number of fry to young
adults. Please, never put cichlids (& most other
fish) in breeding nets. They do not work & they
stress the fish. For a polygamous species A.
cacatuoides males are not very aggressive toward
females. Brooding females are not very aggressive
toward males.

Mike Wise

Alfredo Figueiredo wrote:

> hi all I've finally bred my cacatuoides. It's my
> first time. I have the female guarding the small
> ones in a 80L tank with more: - a. cacatuoides
> male and female (yes, another one)- 5 killies As
> I haven't got any more empty tanks I've put them
> all, including the male, in three nets in order
> to leave the female more peaceful. Do you think
> I should let the male around in the tank? He
> doesn't bite the small ones but the female runs
> him away... My idea is to put the small ones in
> a net in the same aquarium... and join the male
> to the female again to incitate them to breed
> again. Should I give time for the female to
> recover? What are the proceedings to follow?
> Food, and all that... thanks alfredo (very
> excited!)

Trading at