Re: thanks for replies and a. viejita

A. viejita, like all macmasteri-group species,
tends to be polygamous so if the aquarium is large
enough a trio works well. On the other hand,
macmasteri-group males tend to be more 'paternal'
than most polygamous apisto species.  Sometimes
they will even guard the fry if you lose the
female. Either pairs or harems work well,
depending on space.

Mike Wise