Re: A. trifasciata breeding questions

Coby,

Depending on how the tank is decorated a male should be OK with a brooding
female. Just realize that, although a smaller species, A. trifasciata males are
highly territorial & highly polygamous. If he has nothing else to do, the male
often bothers the female with his 'amorous ways'. This can lead to the loss of
the fry.

If you have had success with the Dwarf Rasbora (B. maculata), then continue to
use them. Personally I think that, at 1" long, they might be too easily harmed
by a trifasciata male. But I've never seen this species, so maybe they are
tougher - and faster - than I think.

Mike Wise