Re: new aggie

Jerry,

Let's see if we can explain the difference. A
hybrid is a cross between 2 different species,
either natural (coyote x dog -> coy-dog, as we
call them in the west; don't make good pets) or
forced (horse x donkey -> mule). A mongrel is a
cross between 2 different strains (populations?)
of the same species (Chihuahua X Rotweiler, & I
don't know who supplied the ladder ;-) ). In
either cross you can't be sure of the results. Now
if you have a lot of mongrel dogs breeding
together over several centuries eventually you'll
get a medium size, short haired, long floppy eared
dog commonly called a cur.

Mike Wise