Re: Fish ID Please

In a message dated 8/27/2002 11:09:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time, apistowise@fgn.net writes:

The cruzi-complex of the regani-group has at least
4 forms in it. A. cruzi, A. sp. Putumayo, A. sp.
Orangestreifen/Orange-stripes & A. sp.
Nanay/Melgar. Some may only be geographic
variants. We will need more collecting data to be
sure. Römer's Atlas show at least 2 different
forms as A. cruzi.

Oh Okay Mike,
  I think I get it the word "Complex" is referring to the group of all (known) 4 forms. If something is part of that complex then it means that it is part of that group which make up that complex known as the cruzi complex regani-group correct?
  Now if it isn't one of the 4 could it be a 5th form of the same complex? And is it certain characteristics which qualifies as being part of that group/complex such as geographical area and physical characteristics?
  Questions, questions, I better be careful I might learn too much science here.<G>
Next will be English including Spelling. hehehe...
                                                            JerryB