Re: A. cacatuoides Resources

Ron,

A. cacatuoides is an excellent fish for anyone beginning with Apistogramma.
This fish is found in whitewater (cloudy, not fast moving) areas of the
Peruvian Amazon for the most part. Their home waters vary in pH & hardness
considerably. It has been collected in waters with pH values that range from
6.5 to 8.0; conductivity between 13 & 500 µS; hardness up to 12ºdGH  & nearly
14ºdKH. It can be maintained & bred in most drinkable tap water.

Based on your name & being Swiss, I assume that you speak German. I would
strongly recommend buying "Cichliden Atlas, Band 1: Naturgeschichte der
Zwergbuntbarsche Südamerikas" by Uwe Römer (published by Mergus Verlag. It has
a wealth of information. It costs ~50 Euros (I don't know what that is in Swiss
Francs), but considering it has over 1300 pages dealing with just dwarf
cichlids, it is an exceptional value. The same book is also available in
English. I hope this helps.

Mike Wise