Re: Moae? pictures

Francine,

I think A. sp. Tahuayo is the best name for it since it is published & pictured
in a book (Koslowski, 2002) under this name. It is a better name since it
describes something about the fish itself: it's from the Rio Tahuayo. Besides,
it avoids the confusion of it being the true A. moae. If looked at critically,
it is more closely related to A. eunotus than A. moae.

Mike Wise