Re: German Blue Rams/ Wild Caught... now wild variations

Wow that's a pretty good looking fish to be wild. I
thought they always come in kind of ruff looking.

Well Jerry that fish had been well aclimated by the
time that picture was taken. However you are correct
in your assesment regarding wild Apistos. They do
indeed come in rather rough and their mortality rates
are always not what we would like, to say the least.
With all the breeders out there and the fish being
bred now I'd advice most folks to avoid the wild stuff
and leave it to the more experienced hand to deal
with. Ive gotten to the point where I will not have
any wild fish in my fishroom at all. all of my Apistos
are either line bred populations I have been working
with or tank bred fish I brought in from Europe.
Consequently I never have to deal with disease
problems as long as keep my fishroom free of wild
fish.

Dave Sanchez