Re: A. kleei

Sarah,

Dave is correct. A. kleei - as well as A. klausewitzi & probably A. sweglesi -
is a junior synonym of A. bitaeniata. Kullander synonymized it in:

Kullander, S. O. 1980. A taxonomic study of the genus Apistogramma Regan with a
revision of Brazilian and Peruvian species (Teleostei: Percoidei: Cichlidae.
Bonner Zoologische Monographien, Nr. 14. 152p.

If you're interested, I published a short article about it in the ACA's
Buntbarsche Bulletin last year.

The strange thing about this species is that the fish that we presently call
'A. bitaeniata' might not be A. bitateniata. The more I learn, the less I
realize I know!

Mike Wise