RE: conductivity question

Alright,

The tank history:

I only recently got a conductivity meter, so Idont know how long it has been that high. However the 15gallon tank contained a pairof Dicrossus filamentosus with a piece of driftwood, heavily planted(java fern, javamoss and anubias). There was an aqua clear 150 with a sponge on the intank and a sponge in the filter.
The meter I have says times your result by 10 to get the mircosiemes. So it tested first at like 68. So I did a water change with tap water and it was down to about 54(so 540 mircosiemes). Finally recently I realized I had not seen the female eat in a long time. so she must be dead. so i took the male out and put him back with his fellow Dicrossus. took all the plants out, Took out the driftwood. Washed the filters on both the intake and the inside. Then I took ALL the water out via syphoning. Then I cleaned the sand out and washed it relatively thoroughly until it was coming up clear when water was run through it.
I filled it up with a tank of water that was sitting there with a conudctivity of 30 (which is tap water here in VancouveR BC)Then I filled the tank up(originally thinking I was going to breed the A. Cacatuoides in it) with water from a 10gallon tank that housed a trio of orange flash cacatuoides and dither fish. That water was around
220microsiemens. Forgetting that raising the general hardness would effect the conductivity too, I was in the mind set that my water hardness of 20ppm mind not be enough for Kribs or Cacs. So I thought Id add the dosage required to make it 3german degrees. Then the conductivity was around 780 microsiemes. I did water changes adding dehumidified water as well as more low conductivity water. Then I added a bag of peatmoss into the aquaclear thinking at least I would soften the water. I then also used proper PH 7.0 to take the ph which was 5.01 at the time and bring it up. I also used some baking soda in cunjuction with the proper PH. So right now after all that the PH is 6.41, the conductivity is 540microsiemes and the general hardness is 20ppm. (because i syphoned some of the equalibrium that did not dissolve out once i realized what it would be doing to the conductivity)

My tap water is: Ph 7.12 30microsiemes and 0general hardness (or at least hard to trace) my dehumidified water is ph 5.0 and 10 microsiemens

Is that enough history?

The dicrossus were int here for several monthes without a water change because it was a 15gallon with SO many plants that it really wasnt dirty as far as I could tell.

thanks

coby