Re: Should I use a tank separator? /You sold me gay girafes!

Colin,

I wonder how you tell female A. agassizii from A. agassizii (Santarem)? My guess is you can't, and neither will your males. You now have mixed your Santarem population with aquarium agassizii. You no longer can be sure if your Santarem population is pure, so please don't sell them as such.

Your A. nijsseni & A. panduro, on the other hand, should remain pure - as long as there are both sexes of both species. Still this is not a practice I recommend. Crossings can happen.

Mike Wise