Re: Sexing A. iniridae

Eric,

Assuming that your fish are sexually mature, the easiest way to sex them is to look
at the ventral fins. Females have short ventrals while males have long thread like
ventral fins. And, yes, A. iniridae males have dorsal fins as high as A. uaupesi.
After all, they are both members of the iniridae-group and so closely related that
they might be sibling or the same species. Intermediate forms are known & I once
had a male A. iniridae that had an upper caudal extension.

Mike Wise