Re: Napo collecting

Frank,

Here is a list of dwarf cichlids that are reported to occur in the Rio Napo: A.
agassizii, A. bitaeniata, the bicolored tail form of the true A. cruzi (Rio
Mazán), A. cf. eunotus Orangetail/Orangeschwanz,  & A. payaminonis (Ecuadorian
part). I wouldn't be surprised to find A. cacatuoides, although it hasn't been
recorder there. Crenicara punctulatum is another possibility. If it's not too
late I'd strongly recommend buying a copy of Kullander's "Cichlid fishes of the
Amazon River drainage of Peru" from the Swedish Museum of Natural History. Have
fun on your trip.

Mike Wise