Re: wanted ... bitaeniata and maps

Sarah,

Someone is offering A. bitaeniata on Aquabid as A. sp. Marie right now. Me? I'm
waiting a few months until a newly discovered bitaeniata-like form enters the
hobby. I've only seen photos of this fish in a bare tank & in dark fright
pattern. The face & fins are covered in strawberry red color; truly
spectacular. I can only wonder what it will look like in happier surroundings!

As for maps, I use the International Travel Map by ITMB Publishing, Vancouver,
B.C., Canada called "Amazon Basin". It may not be as detailed as you want, but
it covers the entire Amazon Basin of Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Peru, &
Bolivia. It has a scale of 1:4 million. In Peru you can get hydrographic maps
of various parts of the country on a scale of 1:250,000. I got a copy of one
centered about on Iquitos from a collector, but I'm not sure how you can order
them (time to check the internet). Anything more detailed will probably have to
be from satellite mapping firms. I hope this helps.

Mike Wise