Re: Sex Ratios (and E-mail Test)

I have also been reading Uwe's book for this very
reason. I have been working with Diplotaenia, and the
sex ratios have been something that interested me. I
was told that the cooler the water the more females. I
like trios so I tried for females. The temp was kept
at 76 degrees. Of 60 fish I got 13 females. I think
there could have been more, but a dozen or so did not
grow out, and ended up being runts. I also noticed
that they did not grow very quickly, and instead had
growth "spurts". I suppose this could perhaps be the
lower temp? The growth may also have been altered
because I hatched in rain water and grew them in tap.
I have since purchased an RO unit that arrived today
(THANKS MAX!) so i will be able to produce the
suggested water chemistry as well.I planned to sell
everything but decided to keep 3 pairs to try again
under the conditions suggested in Uwe's book. My
breeders have since died, so I will be using 3 pairs
of F2 siblings.

Rich

P.S. I have some males available (cheap) in case you
were interested!! LOL!!!