apistos and philodendron

Hi everyone,

I while back I visited the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, which was housing a large Amazon exhibit (there were even a few apistos hiding in the smaller displays if you looked carefully).  One of the Amazon set-ups displayed philodendrons creeping into the water.  In fact, they were the only plants in the tank.  Has anyone experimented with a set-up like this at home?

Thanks,

Adam